When to play
Are you involved in a social movement that works for the commons? Play People Power Game to explore how to jump from political strategies to tactics. The game stimulates learning by (virtually) doing campaigns in different fields. We suggest you playing it as part of a workshop with your organization. Additionally, you can play it individually to exchange ideas in the forum that the platform of the game provides.
- Exchange views and informationThe game allows players to exchange ideas, information and world views while playing the game.
- Broadcast a messageThe game disseminates a message linked to the commons (for example, the importance of participatory design of the city).
- TrainingThe game helps to confer some skill to the players (for example, guide them to build urban gardens).
Best contexts to play
- Knowledge institution workshop or classThe game can be played in a university class or during a summer course to delve into different aspects of the commons.
- Informed social debateThe game can be used to inform non-expert people about the commons and spark off a constructive debate on the topic.
- Community participation activityThe game can be a tool to involve people in communitarian and participation activities.
- ProvokingThe game incites a reaction from you in relation to the topic of the game (e.g. anger, concern or disappointment).
- Interactive/communalThe game incites a continuous exchange of information, ideas or experiences between the players. The game play is really ‘done together’.
- ChallengingThe game demands a considerable effort (e.g. to act under time pressure) to succeed.
How to obtain
You can download it and play it for free.
Check the website of the game